No News...


...and hopefully that's a good thing. There's some rather conflicting rumors out there right now...a few that say the next few months will be big ones (and we're at the beginning of a speed-up) and one that says they won't even get to 11-21-05 in the next batch (which would slow things down even further). There's no telling which is true...hopefully it's somewhere in between.

We're working hard on renewing all of our paperwork. I hated doing it the first time, but at least I thought I would do it once and we would have our daughter home by now. This time I'm a bit more jaded, especially since the reality is that we'll likely have to do it a THIRD time before we travel. There's a chance we could travel within a year (so we would travel on this set of paperwork), but I'll admit it - the chance is slim, especially with the likelihood that no one will travel in August next year because of the Olympics. We're meeting with the social worker next week, so at least we're making progress.

This week we're traveling to Cleveland for Shana & Stephen's wedding. We're really excited. A bunch of us are going to the Red Sox-Indians game there Thursday night, we're going to go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and, of course, there's the wedding (and all the wedding stuff!) to go to! :) It is going to be a blast! Speaking of, we had a blast at the beach. Chris got a nasty sunburn, and I nearly got knocked out by a wave, but the trip was phenomenal. The picture is of us at one of our favorite places ever - Howard's Pub. I wish we could go back now! :)

4 comments:

Unknown 10:28 PM  

I am just going to stop reading the rumors for a while. We are just 3 months into the wait but we are so encouraged by you and other bloggers ahead of us!

Carol 2:05 PM  

I'm cutting back on my computer time as well...time to put it away for a little while......

Rumors will make me sick sometimes......

Hang in there....we are past the halfway point anyway!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures 6:38 PM  

Like you said... no news is good news... hang in there Papi... oh, wrong person...lol... take care...

Sherri Davoudgoleh 6:35 AM  

My friends were here in Shanghai before going to Bejing to adopt a baby this week. Keep up your spirits....and say hi to Amanda for me.
Love, Sherri in Shanghai