Bye Bye March!

It only took a year , but China has finally finished referring March 2006 LIDs. Referrals through March 31, 2006 landed today, and I could not be happier. Polls showed that March 2006 was one of the biggest on record, and there were rumors last year that it could take a full year to get through. I didn't believe it when I heard it, but, here we are. March 2006 is done, don't let the door hit you on the way out. :)


So, there are 17 LIDs to go. Some of those are weekends (April 1 &2, 8&9, and 15&16 were weekends in 2006), so there are 11 business days between us and a referral. If they could just do 4 business days a month (which, since April seems to be a smaller month, might actually be doable), we'll see our baby's face by my birthday. Keep your fingers crossed.

We had a wonderful wonderful Thanksgiving. The women won the annual charades tournament, and the pie-to-people ratio was fabulous. We ate and laughed and ate and laughed some more. The perfect holiday, really. I just wish we didn't have to wait a whole year to do it again. Chris had a few days off of work, so we also did a lot of sleeping in. And I finished my novel - yes, I am a NaNoWriMo winner! I have another few chapters to add to the end, then I'll start to revise. I wrote some sections out of order, so fixing that is priority #1! I have never written so much in such a short period of time before (50,060 words in 29 days - I finished a day early!), and it's a pretty cool feeling of accomplishment. :)

5 comments:

KJS 9:32 PM  

I hope April referrals come quick so we can all see our children soon!

Hang in there, we are almost NEXT!

Waiting4Olivia

Kristy 8:12 AM  

Good riddance MARCH!!!! So glad it's over and here here to April sailing right by!!

Love and blessings, Kristy

Fliss and Mike Adventures 9:21 PM  

Foo foo to March... now it is our turn and I still can't get my head around the fact that our turn is coming along... take care

Fliss and Mike Adventures 9:21 PM  

P.S... Gonna be in Falls Church, VA tomorrow... turns out my nephew lives there... at least until he is sent to Ghana to work...

Unknown 7:52 PM  

That is great! Cousin Laurie