Homeward Bound

Finally. After nearly three weeks in China, tomorrow is finally the day
that we get to come home. As much as this has truly been the trip of a
lifetime, I could not be more ready to get on that plane in the morning
(and that's really saying something, considering I am both a bad
traveler and not a morning person). We leave the hotel at 7 am
(hopefully haven eaten breakfast first, since eating at the airport is
not as much of an option as it is at home), take a 3 hour flight to
Beijing, enjoy a lovely 5 1/2 hour layover in Beijing (though we do have
to get our luggage, check back in for our flight home, and go through
customs with Hannah), and take a 13 1/2 hour flight back over the polar
ice-caps to Dulles. When all is said and done we will have flown 18,150
miles - far more than anyone needs to go in less than three weeks. We'll
arrive home Saturday night DC-time...about 26 hours after we leave the
hotel here in Guangzhou. It won't really matter - it will be just so
good to be home.

This has really been an interesting trip, and I will write more about
the culture shock, visiting the orphanage, and how I don't know if I can
ever come back later. It was worth every second of it though - I am
watching Hannah nap right now while Chris is off with Lee getting her
visa so we can actually get home - and I would go through it all again
just to get to her. We are truly blessed. I will never take for granted
clean air and clean water again - I hear that there are record pollen
counts at home, but it's safe to breathe and I don't have to boil the
water before I can brush my teeth. And, as I said to Chris this morning,
two hours of sleep in my own bed will be way better than the six or
seven I have been getting on my bright orange air mattress here. :)

Watch out Virginia...here we come...

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5012 (20100409) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

3 comments:

Dakota3 5:49 PM  

Have a safe trip home!
Best wishes, Cindy

Anonymous 8:46 PM  

I don't know you but I have been watching your blog and your daughter is absolutely beautiful. Being in a country where the air is so thick and the water is not drinkable, it just goes to show us how much people in general don't realize how good we have it until we visit a country like China.

Good luck to you and your family.

Kristy 1:39 PM  

I hope everyone is rested and settling in. She is just precious!!!

Love and blessings, Kristy
maybe NEXT!!!!